So you are a baby kitchen witch?
Know that historically, food has always been associated with magic. Cooking and magic have a lot in common: they combine the use of various elements and natural forces to create something new.
Here are the important things every beginner Kitchen Witch should know:
- Always stir Clockwise.
- Before you chop veggies, offer thanks
- Cut Mindfully, gratefully.
- Do all preparations in a loving spirit.
- Energize food with good thoughts.
- Feast gratefully.
- Give and share what you can spare.
- Home and hearth are sacred.
- Invoke blessings of Goddess on all food.
- Join hands with friends often.
- Keep a mortar and pestle for protection.
- Love goes into every dish.
- Mindfully gather ingredients.
- No wasting. Recycle, compost, feed animals.
- Open your senses, enjoy your surroundings.
- Play as well as work.
- Quench thirst, thinking of clear, clean rivers.
- Resolve to be grateful and waste not.
- Smell fragrance and anticipate flavors.
- Thank the Universe and Goddess for health.
- Use utensils carefully, then clean up.
- Value time spent with loved ones.
- When possible, grow and harvest your food.
- Xtra salt will prevent hunger.
- Yearly rituals and feasts build traditions.
- Zestful living in every area is our goal.
I hope this will be of use to you in your daily practice of Kitchen Witchery.
You may be interested in What is the Kitchen Witchery?